My goal is to help you navigate your pregnancy and labor in a way that you feel in control, informed, and confident in your body and your decisions. I give non-judgmental support that allows you to create positive memories of an empowering birth experience. I provide a continuous presence during labor giving words of encouragement and reassurance. I make suggestions for comfort measures, pain management, labor progress and partner involvement. Partners gain flexibility to take necessary breaks like napping, eating, or checking in with family/pets while the mother remains cared for. I support EVERY type of birth (Vaginal/C-Section/Induction/Medicated/ Non-Medicated) wherever you choose to deliver. I seamlessly integrate my support with that of your doctors, midwives, nurses and hospital staff.
Everything below is included in one flat fee:
- Free consultation to meet in a relaxed in-person meeting where we discuss your journey to date and get to know each other.
- Two prenatal visits to assess and discuss your individual needs, goals, and expectations for your birth; I will provide you with individualized, useful tools, strategies, and information to support your wishes.
- Birth plan assistance in creating a birth preference list to help you effectively communicate your desires to your care provider and the hospital staff; we will explore your options to create a realistic and attainable plan.
- Phone and email support to answer any questions and offer suggestions throughout pregnancy and early labor.
- On-call availability 24 hours/day starting 2 weeks prior to due date through 2 weeks after due date.
- Continuous labor support when you are ready for physical support in the hospital (may begin at home) and remain with you for the duration of labor and birth.
- Initial feeding support whether bottle or breastfeeding – if breastfeeding, I will guide you and your baby to establish successful breastfeeding techniques in the first hour following delivery where possible.
- One postpartum follow-up visit to celebrate the birth of your baby, discuss your birth story and answer any questions you may have during the early postpartum period.
- Photos of labor and birth to capture the special moments of your baby’s birth upon your request.
- Resource/Referral information in over 20 different categories of pre/post-natal care including childbirth classes, placenta encapsulation, breastfeeding support, massage, chiropractors, parenting classes/groups, homeopathic resources, play groups, mother/baby exercise classes, on-line resources and much more.